Fraud Warning! Please Take Note!
Dear Valued TDSA Customers,
It has come to our attention that some Tactical Distributors SA (TDSA) Customers may have and/or are being targetted by a fraudster which has brought both the name and service levels of the company into disrepute.
This individual has been intercepting communication intended for TDSA sales channels and reaching out to TDSA Customers and falsely representing themselves to be acting as either an offical TDSA representative or as an offical TDSA reseller offering products at severely discounted rates and then requesting payment into an unauthorised bank account.
We would like to confirm the following:
1. All official email correspondence from Tactical Distributors SA will come from an @tdsa.co.za or @tacticaldistributors.co.za email address.
2. TDSA only has 2 x offical Whatsapp numbers:
TDSA Boksburg: 065 970 8050
TDSA Centurion: 079 618 2133
3. TDSA Head Office (Online Sales.) and Boksburg branch has only ever had one (ABSA) bank account and the details have never changed. The details are as follows:
Tactical Distributors SA (Pty) Ltd
Account # 4090051063
Branch # 632005
4. Preliminary information shows that Customers may have been contacted via Whatsapp from a cellphone number ending in 2666 and told to deposit money into a Nedbank bank account ending in 9616. TDSA does not and has never had a Nedbank bank account.
5. All TDSA offical documentation (Quotes, Sales Orders, Invoices.) will have the TDSA logo, contact details, registration and VAT number in the header and there will always be VAT on the invoice. Fake invoices that we have seen have simply said "Tactical Equipment" in the header, products listed do not have Product Codes and VAT is not charged, yet the false banking details and our actual VAT # appear at the bottom on some, but not all fake invoices. Please see an example of a fake invoice attached for reference.
6. If you suspect that you have been contacted by fraudsters, even if you received your goods, or if you have ever received correspondence from someone claiming to be from TDSA and they have communicated with you from an email address or Whatsapp number other than the TDSA numbers above and/or you have received a quote, sales order or invoice containing banking details other than the TDSA ABSA bank account details above, please email us any and all correspondence and details thereof so that we can investigate and follow it up accordingly.
7. If you have received or are still awaiting products and you have made payment into the incorrect Nedbank bank account mentioned above, please note that we do not expect you to return or pay for the goods again, we simply require the information to assist with the ongoing criminal investigation.
8. We have identified the operational and security shortcomings that allowed this to happen and we have implemented measures to prevent a reccurence thereof.
9. A suspect has been arrested in this regard and we are actively trying to gather as much information regarding the extent of the crime in order to be able to reach out to all affected Customers.
We ask and encourage all Customers to please come forward with any and all relevant information as it will assist us with both criminal and civil proceedings moving forward. Please send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org. All information provided will be kept confidential.
We thank you for your understanding, help and assistance in this regard.
At your service,
The TDSA Team
TDSA JHB, East Rand
Tel. 011 823 2401
TDSA Centurion, Pretoria
Tel. 012 663 1185